POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Living Blob : Re: Living Blob Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Living Blob
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jul 2000 16:21:11
Message: <chrishuff-77BD62.15215426072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397DDFCD.5C5083F4@iastate.edu>, Mike Wilson
<maw### [at] iastateedu> wrote:

> A blobby stream of "paint" is shot into the wall and bounces off it onto
> the floor.  Not content with that, the goo
> crawls over to the wall, climbs up, and oozes into the surface.

Hmm, maybe if you increased the component's radius, it would look more
"fluid".
This animation demonstrates one of the problems with my patch: the
liquid's volume isn't conserved. Inter-particle forces can help to fix
this, but they still need work.

> I don't know exactly why it did this; I think it's because I used
> variable elasticity, but I kind of like it.

The only thing I can think of: did you use wind? It looks like you have
a strong, slightly upward force pulling the particles along the wall.
What do you mean by variable elasticity?

Chris thinks...
Did you decrease the elasticity in the system for each successive frame?
That might make this effect...at first, particles would bounce away from
the wall. Then, as the amount of energy they loose increases, they would
bounce closer to the wall, and eventually would lose enough energy to
slow their fall. If there is wind or gravity pushing them against the
wall, they would slowly "drip" down it.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/