POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Heteromf: is it a fractal? : Re: Heteromf: is it a fractal? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heteromf: is it a fractal?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Jan 2001 17:49:55
Message: <chrishuff-73BF57.17512503012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A533572.364B53F8@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> I've done a lot of playing around with the parameters of the heteromf
> function. The question is: will any of the settings ever lead me to a
> fractal, to something with infinite complexity, to a structure I can do
> a zoom in on for a dozen orders of magnitude as I did in:

It *is* a fractal, though that may not be immediately obvious by the
result, and to have infinite complexity would take an infinite amount of
calculation time. That's a problem. :-)
You could probably do what you want by increasing the octaves of the
function as you zoom in. Similar to what you need to do in order to zoom
far into a mandel pattern.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><