POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Odd photons : Re: Odd photons Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd photons
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Oct 2002 12:34:49
Message: <chrishuff-7349F1.12295218102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dad8476@news.povray.org>,
 "Timothy R. Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote:

> Apart from the spiffy colour-changing, notice the straggler blue photons
> in upper right coming from...where?

Odd...no idea.

> and the spotlight seems to be refracted where it intersects the
> reflected beam of light.

This I know the answer to...it is just an optical illusion.
The beam is circular in cross section, so the edges are dimmer. The
brightness of two beams gets added together at the intersection, and
since it is brighter there, it looks wider. You can more easily see the
line between beam and no-beam.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/