POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blob Bot - 50.6kbu : Re: Blob Bot - 50.6kbu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob Bot - 50.6kbu
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Jan 2001 21:26:41
Message: <chrishuff-72F17F.21274722012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6cbd1a@news.povray.org>, "Alan Holding"
<man### [at] lineonenet> wrote:

> BTW -Technical query here.  The rear view of the bot is a cheat.  I had to
> comment out the code for the image maps (that's the stylised robot head on
> the chest and the number 23 on the shoulder) as they were being 'projected
> through' to the back.  Anyone know a way to get them onto the front only,
> without having to split the object down the middle and union the two
> different versions (one with maps, one without) back together?  Badly
> phrased, but I hope someone understands what I mean.

One way would be to use a gradient pigment_map to restrict the
image_mapped portion to the front.

pigment_map {gradient Dir
    [0 ImageMapPigment]
    [0 ImageMapPigment]
    [0 NoImageMapPigment]
    [0 NoImageMapPigment]
}

Or do something similar using layered textures to layer the image_map on
the base texture. That could be more difficult, though...

If you aren't committed to using an image_map, and are using MegaPOV,
those designs should be fairly easy to duplicate with the object pattern.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><