POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer : Re: WIP: Door into Summer Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 13:24:19
Message: <chrishuff-718A8F.13232523022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a9697c2@news.povray.org>, Geoff Wedig
<wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:

> So with a portal object and the pass through, I could get such a
> light, but that would only cast one way, and I'm not sure about the
> effects on radiosity.

Portal objects are all one-way...to get a 2-way effect you would need 2
portal objects, one for each end, and more copies of light sources with
pass_through set up for the second portal.

> Anyway, when's the patch going to be available? ;)

Two Weeks, or Real Soon Now. ;-)
I really don't know, I'm working on MegaPOVPlus 0.7 mod 0.1 now, and
I've got the particle stuff and some other patches integrated, but have
yet to even start the portal pigment stuff. It requires some new
information to be passed through a lot of functions, so it will be a bit
tedious to add...and there is a lot of other stuff which I might do.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><