POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : More on hair : Re: More on hair Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More on hair
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Nov 2000 18:33:54
Message: <chrishuff-706D74.18342526112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A21899C.C9B74D67@alpharay.de>, Paul Blaszczyk
<3d### [at] alpharayde> wrote:

> how we can make hairs in POV? Polygon model and extruding along a
> spline..other methods?

Torus segments, sphere sweeps, blob components or spheres and
cones/cylinders along the path of the hair...

> How much memory it needs to extrude a circle along a spline?

Depends on what you mean...if implemented as a new feature, a radius and
a point for every control point, similar to the sphere_sweep. Otherwise,
the memory required to hold all the objects it is made of...a bunch of
differences each made of a torus and two planes, a mesh, a bunch of
spheres and cylinders, a blob, a sphere sweep...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><