POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Damp Rocks(WIP) : Re: Damp Rocks(WIP) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damp Rocks(WIP)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Jul 2000 13:12:31
Message: <chrishuff-6FD6F1.12131930072000@news.povray.org>
In article <3984314f$1@news.povray.org>, "Chris S."
<chr### [at] bluelectrodecom> wrote:

> Wow, my bubbles are really getting trashed!  However, I agree with
> previous comments that they should be whiter and more organically
> shaped...but therein lies the problem.  The bubbles themselves are
> clear and would be invisible if not for a .25 reflective finish.

Ah, here is one problem. Use angle-dependant reflection, some
refraction(ior 0.67? Or just ior 1, and difference the bubbles away from
your water object, which should be around ior 1.33), and very small
specular highlights.

> I suppose I could try a blob macro on the bubbles,

For the largest bubbles a blob macro would help, but for the
medium-sized ones, an asymmetrically scaled sphere would work. To do
this, just sandwich together a hemisphere and a sphere with different
scales, and use merge to remove the interior surfaces. Something like
this:

merge {
    difference {
        sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 1}
        plane {y, 0}
    }
    sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 1 scale < 1, 0.5, 1>}
}

Or you should be able to get some interesting isosurface bubbles...

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/