POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : motion blur? : Re: motion blur? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Jun 2001 10:18:07
Message: <chrishuff-6D3025.09143602062001@povray.org>
In article <3b189d58@news.povray.org>,
 "Paul Blaszczyk" <3d### [at] alpharayde> wrote:

> What about a post-process?  3D Studio uses a filter after rendering to do
> scene motion blur...the result is amazing!

It is not possible to do correct motion blur through a post_process
filter, some of the information is simply missing.

> To do this, you need only the camera positions of last and next frames to do
> the calculation.

Then it won't be useful for a post_process filter, which only has data
for the current frame. I believe there are external utilities for doing
this, though...

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><