POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
3 Sep 2024 06:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Jan 2001 20:59:23
Message: <chrishuff-6D00E2.21002920012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6a02e7@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> I don't think it makes sense to declare a world. I would rather just
> assign each world an ID.

My reasoning was that identifiers are only added to the with #declare,
#local, #macro...and that there wasn't a good reason to change that.
Also, the "keyword {IDENTIFIER" syntax is used in POV already, for
creating a copy of something already defined, and this would cause
needless confusion. "world {RedWorld" looks like it is creating a copy
of RedWorld.

Maybe each world would be limited to a separate file, and imported like
this:
#world WorldIdentifier "worldFile.pov"
But I would prefer the syntax that treats each world more like an object.

PS: "world" or "universe"? The latter seems more specific, but the first
is shorter...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><