POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert : Re: Desert Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Jan 2001 18:35:51
Message: <chrishuff-6C7C8E.18373212012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A5F7F3F.9C5A896C@unforgettable.com>,
inq### [at] unforgettablecom wrote:

> I've considered changing the grass clumps from unioned cones to meshes
> to save memory so that I can make them more complex and use more of
> them.. but since triangle elements can't be rotated inside a mesh
> statement, I'll have to write a new grass generator from scratch, and I
> haven't bothered yet.

The vrotate() or (if you are using MegaPOV) vtransform() functions
should be helpful here...you could put it in a macro, something like:
#macro TransTri(A, B, C, Trans)
    triangle {
        vtransform(A, Trans),
        vtransform(B, Trans),
        vtransform(C, Trans)
    }
#end

mesh {
    TransTri(pointA, pointB, pointC, transform {TRANSFORMATIONS})

--
Christopher James Huff

<><