POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : vaxis_rotate : Re: vaxis_rotate Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vaxis_rotate
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Jul 2002 19:43:33
Message: <chrishuff-6BF804.18382317072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d35d481@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   I was thinking more in the lines of "rotate around the axis which goes
> through these two points". However, it's rather easy to modify that
> expression to do that.

Ax1 + vaxis_rotate(Pt - Ax1, Ax2 - Ax1, Amt)

I prefer a point and direction, because it more clearly specifies the
direction of the axis. With two points, the direction depends on the
order of the end point vectors, which is workable but possibly more
confusing. Also, I was making it similar as possible to the
vaxis_rotate() function.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/