POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Internally lit text as PNG files : Re: Internally lit text as PNG files Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internally lit text as PNG files
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Dec 2000 17:07:07
Message: <chrishuff-66BD81.17080514122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A38F6B8.E7C1304C@acsu.buffalo.edu>, "Jennifer J. Hall"
<jjh### [at] acsubuffaloedu> wrote:

> However, if you give an emission color of yellow with a
> semitransparent brass surface then why doesn't the emission color
> show from within MSIE even though the surface is transparent?  When
> the file is rendered inside of POVRAY the text is yellow as it is
> within Netscape also.  I'm thinking that maybe the transparency
> setting is overriding the emission color.  Is this so?

My guess is that it treats transmit differently from filter in
calculating the alpha value, try using one instead of the other and see
what results you get.
BTW, since this is mostly a POV-Ray question and doesn't have anything
specifically to do with Windows, it probably should have gone to a group
like povray.general instead of one of the OS-specific groups. You will
be a lot more likely to get the help you need there...
Followups to povray.general.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><