POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB) : Re: Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two broken Blobs (Bug ?) (8KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Sep 2000 13:44:29
Message: <chrishuff-65FAA7.12461105092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B4440C.35D5F8BB@online.no>, Tor Olav Kristensen
<tto### [at] onlineno> wrote:

> I'm not sure yet if this problem qualifies as a bug.

It might simply be a result of the rendering method..."fixing" it might
be either very difficult or result in a rendering slow down.
You might be able to get around the problem by using an isosurface, just
use the blob pattern as the isosurface function. You might even get a
speed up...and just for fun, apply some warps to the pigment function.
:-)
I have found that turbulence makes a nicely bumpy corroded-metal surface.

> Are there any TAG-people out there that can
> cast some light on this problem  ?

Hmm, I suppose I should come up with some witty remark about casting
light in a raytracer, maybe including photons, but I can't think of
anything right now. :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><