POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Late Friday Night Abstract (81kb jpg) : Re: Late Friday Night Abstract (81kb jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Late Friday Night Abstract (81kb jpg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Jul 2002 14:19:22
Message: <chrishuff-65C495.13163713072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D3### [at] caltelcom>,
 Samuel Benge <sbe### [at] caltelcom> wrote:

> Okay, did a search on 'Dyson Sphere'. If my image were the entrance to
> one, that means the engineers used copper, because it's green.

If it was the entrance, it would be in vacuum, so the copper wouldn't
oxidize. It could be they just painted it or used some exotic alloy or
composite.

> Somebody does need to render a Dyson Sphere, though. Maybe a type 1
> (non-rigid), since that is the most likely kind to be created, although
> creating many different orbiting/static habitats can be a little
> difficult. Need to build a good macro for that....

How about a criswell instead? Much more room, and you could lengthen the
life of the sun by a few million years while you are at it.
A ringworld or a lot of ring orbitals seems more plausible though...

Actually, I was just recently thinking of doing a "hollow planet" type
image with an artificial sun in the center...not exactly a Dyson Sphere,
but close enough to make this surprising...

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/