POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where can I find the reflected ray? : Re: Where can I find the reflected ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where can I find the reflected ray?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Oct 2002 23:34:01
Message: <chrishuff-645BD9.23290614102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dab845d@news.povray.org>, "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu>
wrote:

>    Yes, I want the output image data. What is the difference between the
> output image data with the reflection data?
>    The following is what I want to do:
>    Suppose I put a radar in the camera position. Because the radar emit the
> electromagnetic wave, so it also likes a light source. I want the data back
> to the radar, that is to say, the camera position. I think that this is the
> same data which I can see by render some pov file(output image data,
> right?).

Ok, I think this is where our miscommunication is happening. When people
speak of "reflection", they usually mean specular reflection, like a
polished surface or a mirror. You seem to be looking for diffuse
reflection, which is light scattered in all directions by a surface.
If you want diffuse reflection data per ray, you should modify Diffuse()
in lighting.cpp. Maybe Diffuse_One_Light() too, I haven't looked very
closely. If you just want the output image data, why not just use the
output image?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/