POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 Windows version released : Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 Windows version released Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3.1 Windows version released
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Sep 2000 18:18:16
Message: <chrishuff-5D0FDB.17200712092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39BEA535.BF3D5DD3@totalise.co.uk>, Keith Hull
<kei### [at] totalisecouk> wrote:

> Hmmm... the only way I could get the new glow to work was by putting and
> object (box{0,0}) at the end of the scene file. If I didn't put a dummy
> object at the end of the file the error "object or directive expected
> but end of file found instead" comes out even with just a camera and a
> "glow {}" statement. Ver 3.0 allowed the glows to be rendered without
> any other objects but a camera in the scene.

That's because glows aren't objects. And, um, version 0.3 didn't
consider them objects either, the same error would show up. In fact,
some of the work done between 0.3 and 0.3.1 was to make them behave more
like objects...it obviously wasn't complete, but they should now be
allowed in some places they weren't before(in unions, for example). I
still have to make them transform along with light sources and CSG
objects, though.(maybe they should be attachable to any object...)

My best guess is that you were using glows in light sources before, and
"naked" glows now. Since light sources are objects, that error didn't
show up.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><