POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov bug : Re: megapov bug Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov bug
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Feb 2001 16:19:41
Message: <chrishuff-5C2537.16202508022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a829438@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   The problem with dynamic data containers is that they usually take
> extra memory (at least temporarily) and are sometimes slower than
> fixed-sized data containers.

Well, the unlimited version will parse a little slower, since it will
have to resize the array every so often, but unless you have some really
huge blend maps it won't be noticeable, and it will only affect parse
time. I took the approach of resizing the array when needed for
simplicity.

I think color_maps will reallocate to an array of exactly the right size
after parsing, but I'm not certain about the other blend_map types...but
the memory waste for each bland_map won't be very bad even if there are
unused entries.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><