POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoke stream thingy : Re: Smoke stream thingy Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoke stream thingy
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Oct 2000 15:26:49
Message: <chrishuff-5A8ED9.14293317102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39EC5605.AEEDB94E@hotmail.com>, Anders Haglund
<and### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> A simple smoke effect made with a function media in MegaPov. The left
> smoke is a isosurface which works great for a preview, renders in about
> half a minute on my p2-266. The right smoke is the real thing a took
> several hours to render.

Several hours?!? What media settings were you using? Hours might make
sense with method 1, but 2 and 3 should be able to do this with much
lower settings.

> I'm not happy about the dark shadows that it casts but it's ok for
> now...

Actually, considering only one light source and no radiosity, the shadow
looks just right...in real life, there would be illumination from other
sources to help fill it in, though.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><