POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cube in different colors ? : Re: Cube in different colors ? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cube in different colors ?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Sep 2002 17:26:44
Message: <chrishuff-5A612C.17251710092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d7e2173@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Using the intersection of six planes gives you a true box (which is
> also usable in CSG) but can be a bit slower. You should definitely
> remember to bound this "box" with a true box of the same size
> (see bounded_by docs).

My feeling is that this would be the fastest way. You may have to tell
POV not to ignore your bounding, though.

>   You can also use the polygon or triangle primitives (the latter could
> be inside a mesh, taking a bit less memory, I think), and it would be
> faster to render but not usable in CSG (even though with a mesh you
> can use inside_vector).

I don't know if you meant this, but that last paragraph implies that a
mesh box would be unuseable in CSG. If he uses inside_vector, it will be
useable for CSG operations.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/