POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artoo's head : Re: artoo's head Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artoo's head
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Jul 2000 16:37:10
Message: <chrishuff-59A440.15374621072000@news.povray.org>
In article <3978B092.2C0F1326@yahoo.com>, ryan constantine
<rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> as you can see, the colors aren't exactly right.  the head is supposed
> to be like a brushed aluminum or something, but i haven't got it right
> without ambient yet.  and the blue should be an anodized aluminum, but
> that's not quite it yet either.

Do the brushed aluminum with a normal scaled very small in the y
axis....assuming it is "spun" along that axis.
Maybe the blue would be done better with a layered texture, using filter
for the blue portion(in MegaPOV, of course...I doubt it would look right
in the official version).

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/