POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Aug 2000 16:15:33
Message: <chrishuff-5684A2.15165320082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39a027c3@news.povray.org>, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> And won't a very high recursion level crash it when using a macro and a
> stack overflow occurs?

I thought the recursion level was purposely limited...I know I have had
trouble with recursion levels of over 50(in a tree macro). It didn't
crash, it just stopped parsing with an error.
But macros make recursive algorithms much easier to do and more
powerful, and they do have a greater possible depth than includes. Not
to mention the speed difference...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><