POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moonbase : Re: moonbase Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moonbase
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Sep 2000 09:13:51
Message: <chrishuff-5594C7.08152902092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B0E94F.E3A85D6A@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>,
chr### [at] gmxde wrote:

> But then the sky should not be totally black (at least some color near the
> horizon if it's only a thin atmosphere).

Not at night. :-)
Or even at daytime, if the atmosphere is thin, sunlight is dim, and the
planetoid is small. The atmospheric scattering may only be visible when
looking nearly directly at the sun or other light source.

And besides, maybe a spacecraft just landed and the dust is still
settling, and that is what causes the halos.

Anyway, I would like to know how the glow effect was done...emitting
media spheres? Or scattering media? Or has someone else added Marcos
Fajardo's glowing light sources patch to a newer version of POV?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><