POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MegaPOVPlus 0.5a mod 0.2.1 released : Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.5a mod 0.2.1 released Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:51:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.5a mod 0.2.1 released
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Jul 2000 16:21:55
Message: <chrishuff-5560B3.15221007072000@news.povray.org>
In article <39661602$1@news.povray.org>, "Alan Nickerson"
<ani### [at] mathsoftcom> wrote:

> hmm, just what kind of primative would you make 'cloth' out of?
> Actually weave it? or simply use a mesh that has some calculated
> waves to it.... hmm I think you guys are on to somthing....

Actually I was thinking of stitching bezier patches together, and making
the vertices available to the scene language(through functions,
similarly to my particle system) so you can make it yourself however you
want. At least, this is the approach I plan to take if I ever get around
to trying to make sense of those cloth simulation papers...

> Now where did I put that C++ compiler...

POV is currently only written in C, so technically you only need a C
compiler to write patches. :-)

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/