POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Waterfall (119kbbu) : Re: Waterfall (119kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall (119kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 14:58:15
Message: <chrishuff-554873.14572023022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a96b900@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> "Chris Huff" wrote:
> > You need to give the particles a very *high* rebound in
> > order for them to keep going...
> Yes, but then it wouldn't be flowing.

If you have a large enough number of particles, they can appear to flow.
It works best when the particles are going downhill, though. And you
have to start them out close to the ground, and keep the bounce height
from decreasing too much, but if they bounce too high, they won't look
right.

> > I think the only good way to do this will require
> > inter-particle forces
> Not an option in this case.

I know...I once did a particle system with inter-particle forces in
plain POV-Script...I gave up after a couple multi-hour *parses*. The
thing was impossible to test, because it took so long to see any results.

> > and/or particle-ground forces.
> I've experimented a little with this. So far with no success, but I still
> have a few ideas to try out.

I'll look around, maybe I still have that scene file around.

> Does the particle_system patch support flowing?

Not yet.

> If yes, how is it implemented?

I'll probably implement a kind of force based on object proximity...that
should allow flowing to work.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><