POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in isosurface using pigment function? : Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in isosurface using pigment function?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Nov 2000 18:06:39
Message: <chrishuff-53E619.18070724112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A1E9A74.B6428D71@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>,
chr### [at] gmxde wrote:

> Every CSG made of cylinders, spheres, cones, boxes, torii should be quite
> easy to convert to a smooth isosurface function, the more difficult things
> are lathe, prism and meshes.

A sor should be pretty easy, a lathe shouldn't be extremely difficult. A
mesh may not be a huge problem either. Simple convex prisms also
wouldn't be hard, but concave or self-intersecting prisms could be a
bigger problem.
Basically the distance of the nearest point on the surface, with a
negative sign if inside the object and a positive sign if outside.
This is what my proximity pattern will eventually do.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><