POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wall Creature (70kb jpg) : Re: Wall Creature (70kb jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wall Creature (70kb jpg)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Jul 2002 21:14:46
Message: <chrishuff-524CDA.20120412072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d2f498c@news.povray.org>,
 "Kevin Ellis" <kev### [at] tiscalicouk> wrote:

> Yet again, another nice image. The faked radiosity works well on the outer
> surface but inside the holes it is more obvious that it is faked. I feel
> that radiosity gives a much better definition of detail in shadowed areas,
> although this would probably require quite high settings.

A light source at the camera position would help fill in those
areas...no spot visible from the camera would be unlit. In this case, I
think a black nothingness is desired, though...makes you wonder what the
rest of the thing looks like, what else could be hiding in that shadow.

The border between the two does seem rather abrupt though...radiosity
might help. ;-)

There seems to be a greenish tint and loss of definition to the surfaces
pointing downward, the surface looks flat, without shading. I'd say a
too high ambient was used if the black shadows didn't show the ambient
was 0...maybe repositioning one of the lights would help.

Hmm...maybe some still water at the bottom (like in the shelter of a
small harbor) and some weathered timbers wedged into the rocks (maybe
using the IsoWood include), from some unfortunate ship that took shelter
too close. Or a golf ball or piece of litter, whatever the scale of this
thing is...

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/