POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another media sky : Re: Yet another media sky Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another media sky
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Mar 2002 13:29:43
Message: <chrishuff-4F05C4.13292614032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c8ffea4$1@news.povray.org>, "RAY" <PCH### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

> I can't see the tops, (they appear to be flat on the sphere

Well, that's because you are under them...you can only see the top of
this kind of cloud if you are in an aircraft. (or spacecraft, I guess)
Otherwise, the top is obscured by...the bottom and sides. And these
clouds quite clearly have sides.

> It appears to center on the camera, wherever the camera is.  This creates
> the effect of clouds ramming into the horizon.

It only uses the direction of a ray, so you could say it "centers" on
wherever the ray started from. Its coloration is equivalent to that of a
unit-sphere centered on the origin, but it is just a background, not
centered anywhere.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/