POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) : Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 4 Mar 2001 18:07:36
Message: <chrishuff-4EB8FB.18043904032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3aa2bc3f@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> With my sliding method the particles find their own ways. They cannot be
> attached to specific points.

I wasn't talking about attaching them to points (what good would that
do?), just adding a new force that *attracts* the "head particle" to a
point. The other particles would be attracted to the particle in front
of them, and repel all the others.

> > In other words, particles lose energy until they go
> > below a certain level?
>
> That's right, but the interesting part is what happens when they go below
> that level. :)

And you are going to make me keep guessing?
Do you somehow mess with the velocity so it doesn't bounce, but doesn't
impact on the surface?
Oh, well...I'll just peek at the source...you *are* going to release the
scene file, right? ;-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><