POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MP 0.6-Parser is bored?? : Re: MP 0.6-Parser is bored?? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MP 0.6-Parser is bored??
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Dec 2000 09:42:35
Message: <chrishuff-4DC60A.09434119122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a3f2a1c@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   I just don't understand why there have to be so many fixed limits in
> povray.

Well, many of the people contributing to it aren't experts or even very
experienced...and they may have taken the shortcut to get it up and
running, and just forgotten to fix it later.

Another example: the 256-entry limit in blend maps. Actually, that looks
like it would be quite simple to fix...I'll put it on my list of stuff
to do. It would save memory too, since you wouldn't have to allocate 256
entries for every blend map.

Another thing: for many objects, you have to specify the number of
spline points before the points themselves. It would be nice if POV
counted them itself...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><