POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newbie's first flame !! : Re: Newbie's first flame !! Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie's first flame !!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Oct 2000 09:57:49
Message: <chrishuff-4C5979.09003015102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39E9B15F.B4E2B5FB@stud.informatik.uni-trier.de>, Jens Nober
<nob### [at] studinformatikuni-trierde> wrote:

> finally I brought myself to learn the usage of media ( they seem awfully
> complicated to a newbie, but I think I understood it at last ).
>
> So, a candle flame  ...
> What do you think about it ?

Once you figure out which parameters control the appearance and which
are simply tuning parameters, it gets a lot easier.
This looks very good...though it looks too big for a candle flame. Maybe
for an oil lamp or torch...or maybe you just caught the candle in
mid-sputter.

> ( I hope the image is displayed, I never tried to post one before )

You posted a PNG, JPEGs are generally preferred here, both for size(it
was a small file, so it doesn't really matter), and for ease of viewing,
many people have software that won't display PNG files in the message,
which forcing them to save it and open it in another
program(MT-NewsWatcher 3.0, for example).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><