POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electrical schematics include - Multivibrator.png (1/1) : Electrical schematics include - Multivibrator.png (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Electrical schematics include - Multivibrator.png (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Feb 2001 18:56:00
Message: <chrishuff-496F86.18552919022001@news.povray.org>
This is definitely an example of the extent to which POV can be
mis-used...
Combining two of my hobbies, I've created a small include file that lets
you generate schematic diagrams of electronic circuits with POV-Ray. It
is basically a set of macros for making wires and component symbols.
It can currently draw:
NPN and PNP bipolar transistors
resistors
nonpolar and polar (electrolytic) capacitors
rectifier diodes
zener diodes
LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes)
Ground symbol
Wire connections

It can also automatically fit the schematic to the output image,
optionally leaving a blank margin area...if a component moves outside
the visible range, the entire schematic is scaled down until it fits,
while maintaining the proper aspect ratio. I also plan to add an
automatic labelling feature. Also, the schematic is currently done as a
texture on a box (using my object pattern patch), I will also try using
separate objects...that may be slower rendering, since POV will have to
do actual intersection calculations. Also, since it uses min_extent()
and max_extent, and the object pattern, it requires MegaPOV.
While it is probably useless for designing circuits, it could be useful
for illustrating them...it makes it easy to generate nicely anti-aliased
images at any resolution.

This is just a simple astable multivibrator LED flasher circuit. I used
a PNG because it wasn't any smaller as a JPEG, and JPEG left artifacts
visible.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><