POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MPOV 0.7 - Standard Glows don't work with merge/union etc anymore : Re: MPOV 0.7 - Standard Glows don't work with merge/union etc anymore Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPOV 0.7 - Standard Glows don't work with merge/union etc anymore
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 15:31:14
Message: <chrishuff-4716A3.15301923022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A96ACB7.D21354CC@totalise.co.uk>, Keith Hull
<kei### [at] totalisecouk> wrote:

> When I say anymore, I mean that MPOV7 complains that a glow in a
> union is an error, where as with MPOV6 it didn't, also Light source
> glows are  allowed inside unions in MPOV7.

By "Light source glows", you mean light sources with the glow effect?
Those are allowed in unions because light sources are...they don't work
quite right either.

> I accept that the glow syntax may/will change over time.

The problem isn't that the syntax has changed, just that glow effects
don't work in unions.

> I only mentioned it, as it was pointed out to me by one of my PlugIn
> users and I didn't know if you frequented the Moray Bin channel.

Channel? As in IRC?
No, I've never gone there...

> The users of Moray find it very useful to be able to union glows as I
> believe it helps with the modeling.

How? A glow in a union (in earlier versions of MegaPOV) behaves the same
as one outside the union, which is the main problem.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><