POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One last Time! (77+26KBU) : Re: One last Time! (77+26KBU) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:09:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One last Time! (77+26KBU)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Nov 2000 09:10:45
Message: <chrishuff-44BFC1.09135303112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a021378@news.povray.org>, "ddombrow" <ddo### [at] vtedu>
wrote:

> "Chris Huff" wrote in message...
> > Ok, that wasn't very clear: make smaller feathers that
> > look the same as the large feathers to make the large
> > feathers look larger.
>
> gah?

That is what I thought. Don't you just *love* English?

> the feathers?

No, the bird-bots. One large version assisted by two man-sized ones.(One
"knight" assisted by two "squires") The smaller ones would have more
feathers, and about many of the feathers would be about half as large,
but with the same shape and coloration (just scale 0.5). To me, the
feathers make this version look smaller than it should be(H. E.
mentioned it was about 10-12 feet tall). I think having a version half
it's size with smaller feathers in addition to a few feathers of the
same size would make the larger version look 12 feet tall instead of 6
feet.
Then again, having one large bird followed by two small birds might look
a bit too much like a mother hen watching over her chicks.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><