POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Glows can't be the last thing in a scene??? : Re: Glows can't be the last thing in a scene??? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glows can't be the last thing in a scene???
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Nov 2000 08:03:12
Message: <chrishuff-44296E.08031810112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a0b7454@news.povray.org>, "GrimDude"
<gri### [at] netzerocom> wrote:

> Chris, we brought this up right after you created the glow patch.

I must have forgotten it among all the other problems you people
found... :-)

> I've been putting sphere {0,0} in all of my scenes with just glows.

Why not "box{0,0}"? It is 4 characters shorter... ;-)

Anyway, glows now attach to objects properly. You can attach them to any
object, not just CSGs. You still can't declare them...I might end up
removing the ability to specify glows outside of objects and light
sources, and adding a "glow_object" which can be used instead. This
would be easier to maintain.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><