POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Animated paperplane v0.1 - paperplane2.avi (1/1) : Re: Animated paperplane v0.1 -- 3 attachments (65KBU) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated paperplane v0.1 -- 3 attachments (65KBU)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2001 15:27:44
Message: <chrishuff-4312DF.15263427022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A9AFF6D.BC7DD671@xs4all.nl>, Remco de Korte
<rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:

> Apologies for the awful quality but
> the first AVIs were a bit too large
> for my taste and when I converted
> those to MPEGs they were half the
> size but had similar quality to
> these AVIs which are in turn less
> then half the size of the MPEGs.
>
> If the codec is a problem I could
> post the larger (file) versions .

These are unviewable on my system, how big are the MPEGs? Are they
really 4 times as big? Maybe it's the software or settings you are using.
I haven't found any good software for creating MPEGs on a Mac, I'm stuck
with QuickTime MooV format (which is a good format, but only available
for Mac and Windows). I don't know anything about the Windows software
available...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><