POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Is this right? : Re: Is this right? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this right?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Sep 2000 16:59:13
Message: <chrishuff-425F2C.16010814092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39C### [at] peakeduee>, Margus Ramst
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> AFAIK, no. It would only work only if the new image doesn't include
> areas of the scene invisible in the original image.

I think it will compute extra samples for areas that weren't sampled
before, so that isn't the problem. However, if the scene is dynamic, for
instance, if there is a ball rolling through it, things probably won't
work right. In other words, the only kind of animation you can do with
this method is one where only the camera moves.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><