POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing lights - glowing lights.jpg (1/1) : Re: Glowing lights - glowing lights.jpg (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing lights - glowing lights.jpg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Sep 2000 17:00:06
Message: <chrishuff-3E5CFF.16014301092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39b013bc@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> That ones been on the wishlist for many a person over the years.

The patch itself has been around in POV-AFX for several years, but
nobody added it to a more recent version until now. The only other patch
in POV-AFX(as far as I can see) is a fog falloff feature, which is a
lower priority to me.

> Is that glow actually reflecting off the floor, or is it only large
> specular highlights?

Both, actually.

> Just occurred to me, it's a real teaser because hasn't it been said the
> POV-Ray 3.5 is set in cement already?

Yes, the feature list has been "frozen", "carved in stone", "set in
cement", etc. It is extremely unlikely that either #set or this patch
will make it into 3.5.

> P.S.  you're incredibly fast with the program compiling.

Thanks. :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><