POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature Idea: Rotational Coordinants : Re: Feature Idea: Rotational Coordinants Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Idea: Rotational Coordinants
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Sep 2000 07:36:24
Message: <chrishuff-3BB912.06382518092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39C5E17E.E75F0130@hotmail.com>, Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> Chris - have U thought of changing this to be dependant on the type
> of object with your method the default for new objects. Sphere could
> be very fast - just a vector subtraction & VLength. -Don't know about
> other objects though
> Like Nathan's UV mapping patch add your new function to Method_Struct &
> write a new version for all/most current objects

I am currently right in the middle of doing exactly this...that is why
the proximity pattern no longer works in MegaPOVPlus. Boxes, spheres,
cylinders, cones and torii should be quite easy, as should be CSG unions
of these...other objects will be more difficult, and will use a modified
version of the sampling method at first.

> I'm using this in my upcoming object camera patch

What camera patch?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><