POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 3 : Re: Take 3 Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 3
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Mar 2001 12:21:00
Message: <chrishuff-3B9E1C.12152817032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3AB23EAE.60C476FB@heday.freeservers.com>, "H.E. Day"
<The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> Well, I don't know if I like the docks.  I guess they're gonna need a
> lot more detail 'for I'm happy.
> The ever-annoying  "grey line" is gone.  Lots of little modifications
> too.
> Comments?

Wow.
Wow.
Um, wow.
I think the waterfall looks pretty good, like a huge, shallow lake
emptying into...something. Maybe it empties into a deep channel leading
to the ocean...I like the way you leave it for the viewer to figure out
where the water is going. Perhaps some land in the distance would work...
I think the dock is a good idea, but the glow beneath the "floats" needs
work...maybe if it was more of a tube shape instead of a cylinder or the
shape it is now. The sharp points at the sides just look wrong somehow.
The sky looks good. Not realistic, but very good...I wouldn't change
them.
Maybe put those cables at the bottom on some kind of arm that connects
to the fortress...like it's replenishing it's power and taking on
supplies for another patrol. Maybe a second fortress hovering in the
distance, floating off to take the place of the one being resupplied.
Something under that big slab to the left would look nice...a well
defended supply station.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><