POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fuctions : Re: Fuctions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fuctions
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Jul 2000 19:45:59
Message: <chrishuff-37997D.18464226072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397F64DC.DA199EE3@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> I wont...  I'd like my program to be fully independant, don't need
> any other installation, except OpenGL drivers for accel, etc...
>
> Next time, read more carefully!

You are not allowed to use POV source code in other programs. Perhaps
*you* should read more carefully...especially the part starting with:

"A "custom version" is defined as a fully functional version of POV-
Ray with all existing features intact. ANY OTHER USE OF ANY POV-
Ray SOURCE CODE IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. The POV-Team does not
license source code for any use outside POV-Ray. No portion of the
POV-Ray source code may be incorporated into another program
unless it is clearly a custom version of POV-Ray that includes all
of the basic functions of POV-Ray."

If all you are doing is adding an OpenGL rendering mode to POV-Ray, you
should be fine, but distributing a different program that uses POV
source code is not allowed.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/