POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Height field macros - attached files (1/1) : Re: Height field macros - attached files (1/1) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field macros - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Mar 2001 22:38:10
Message: <chrishuff-359426.22352703032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3aa16d04$1@news.povray.org>, "Stephen Bell"
<ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Cylindrical and spherical height fields are a MegaPOV feature, right?

No.

> I didn't realize there was any kind of default height_field {}
> object, but that's very interesting as well.

The height_field {} object only does "square patch" height fields.

> Did you use the smooth command in the height_field?

"I still haven't done smoothing, I'll try to figure out a good way to do
it."
Your question seems a bit odd, though...no, I didn't use the smooth
command, I didn't even use the height_field object. These macros
generate meshes.

> Maybe you could increase the resolution of your height_field image
> (if you used one.... I'm a little unclear exactly what you've done
> here, but it's very interesting).

No image was used, just a simple crackle pigment.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><