POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Nov 2000 08:02:58
Message: <chrishuff-32B9DD.08060502112000@news.povray.org>
In article <8FE01D1B3markwagner17gtenet@204.213.191.228>,
mar### [at] gtenet (Mark Wagner) wrote:

> Features that might make a future version:
>  * Colour curve post-processing to replace the infinite-light hack

I am going to make a post_process filter which uses a spline to adjust
color values...is this what you are talking about?

>  * Random rendering order

You mean it picks a random pixel each time? Another thing that might be
nice: some kind of "progressive" antialiasing, that renders the image
without antialiasing and then makes several "refinement" passes.

>  * A polynomial parser to allow polys to be written as "3x^5+2xy+z-1"
>  etc.

Couldn't you use isosurface functions? I haven't had a look at your
patch yet, so I don't really know what this is for...

>  * Improved "quality" command-line options

I hope command line options aren't necessary for this...you should be
able to specify all options in the scene file. Or are you talking about
changing the "Render Quality" option syntax?

>  * Improved splines

I would suggest using one of the spline patches...less duplicate code,
more standardized, etc...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><