POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Nov 2000 16:28:36
Message: <chrishuff-30B854.16283908112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a08ea5b$1@news.povray.org>, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> POV_REALLOC() is just a wrapper for pov_realloc(), which itself calls
> realloc().

But it isn't a direct call to realloc(). There is still room for a bug
in there...it seems strange that you couldn't get it to work.

> My solution is to call POV_MALLOC() to create a larger array,
> followed by memcpy() to copy the old array to the new, and POV_FREE()
> to get rid of the old array.

I thought realloc() was supposed to make it so you didn't have to do
this. :-(
I was wondering if calling realloc() directly might bypass something
POV's functions are breaking.

> >Hmm, another thing that would be nice is a larger assortment of spline
> >types. Catmull-rom, b-splines, etc...
> I'll do so if someone can point out some references for these,
> preferably with C code examples.  I'm having enough trouble trying to
> decipher the cryptic pseudo-code from my Numerical Analysis textbook
> to want to deal with Fortran.

Hmm, my copy of "3D Graphics Programming" has some explanations of
cubic, Hermite, and Bezier splines...not that I can make much sense of
it. Not much in the way of examples either...mostly just the math.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><