POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : modeler : Re: modeler Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: modeler
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Sep 2002 11:33:38
Message: <chrishuff-301301.11320019092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d89e578@news.povray.org>,
 "D. Alan Hooper" <dah### [at] heartoftnnet> wrote:

> which program is the best modeler to use with povray 3.5 ?
>
> moray, or some other ?

Moray is probably the most common, and is pretty much built for POV-Ray,
but it isn't free and is pretty useless if you aren't running Windows
(though I assume you are). There are modellers that are specialized for
meshes and patches, if you use those a lot you would probably want one
of those modellers instead of Moray. And probably the majority of people
just don't use a modeller...the scripting language is extremely powerful
once you've learned how to use it.

I suggest you look through the links on povray.org to see whats out
there, and try to learn the scene description language as well...no
modeller will be able to get full use of POV-Ray.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/