POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question concerning radiosity code : Re: Related question concerning radiosity code Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Related question concerning radiosity code
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Sep 2002 09:40:21
Message: <chrishuff-2DAB90.09394605092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D772CCC.11C85853@reading.ac.uk>,
 Michael Andrews <m.c### [at] readingacuk> wrote:

> But hasn't this been the main argument against doing distributed
> rendering of image pieces (either tiles or strips) when using radiosity?
> Maybe I've misunderstood the problem ...

Sounds like you misunderstand it, since I've never heard about
brightness adjustment being a problem. The radiosity data doesn't stay
constant through the render, it is constantly added to. The problem is
keeping the data up to date between multiple threads, with each thread
constantly modifying the same data.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/