POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I'm toying with 358kbu : Re: something I'm toying with 358kbu Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something I'm toying with 358kbu
From: Chris Huff
Date: 31 Dec 2000 22:17:25
Message: <chrishuff-2D2166.22185031122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a4fedd0@news.povray.org>, "Data" <not@all> wrote:

> <sighs> Now you tell me. Ah well, it's done now

Photon mapping simulates light refracting through transparent or
reflecting off reflective objects onto other surfaces...if you don't
have anything for them to show up on, you are just wasting time shooting
photons. All of the surfaces in this image appear to be either
transparent or reflective, with nothing for the caustics to have much of
an effect on.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><