POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering reflections. : Re: Rendering reflections. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering reflections.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 15 Sep 2002 13:19:03
Message: <chrishuff-2BEB02.13174315092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D8### [at] hotmailcom>, srnewt <srn### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> I need the reflector to be a perfect mirror

This part is easy, just use:
finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0 reflection 1}
in the texture.

> and see the scene as reflected in the mirror alone.

This is a bit tougher...what exactly do you want? To see the reflection
of the scene, but not the actual scene, and to have the mirror fill the
entire image? Use no_image on the objects, they will reflect but will be
invisible to the camera. If you use an orthographic camera, adjusting it
to exactly contain the mirror is pretty easy, just use the right and up
vectors to adjust the dimensions. If you want a perspective camera, some
simple trig will give the correct angle.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/