POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : smooth height_fields : Re: smooth height_fields Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth height_fields
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Mar 2002 17:06:25
Message: <chrishuff-2A6C82.17063004032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <npi78us6q6d2j26cb36bas87g60s17hhhv@4ax.com>,
 Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

> >That's true, but a good guess, after all.. The native HF should be able to
> >look as good as Zeager's IMO.
>
> Ditto, but I fear it is too late for such deep changes in the 3.5
> code.

I think it would depend on how hard it is to find and fix. It would be a
bug fix, not a new feature...

> Having it as a macro in the distro could be useful, though.

Um, have you looked? The HF_Square() macro in shapes.inc doesn't use
this method, but it should give better results, especially when using
entirely procedural height fields.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/