POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? : Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov is dead. Long live MegaPov+?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Sep 2000 18:44:58
Message: <chrishuff-2A16A4.17465012092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39bead33$1@news.povray.org>, "Nathan Kopp"
<Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote:

> Actually, smellenbergh and I are working to release MegaPov 0.6, but
> it will not include the particle system.

Well, sometimes I don't mind being wrong. :-)

> It will probably not include glows, either, but might if Chris nails
> down some details and sends word to smellenbergh.

Which details are you thinking of? Do you mean getting a stable syntax,
getting "size" to work correctly, making glows work more like
objects...etc.
BTW, one more thing...type 2 glows are mis-documented as simulating a
solid-density sphere. While I do plan on doing this, type 2 actually is
a cosine falloff function, type 4 will be solid-density spheres(it isn't
implemented yet).

> After that, there will not be any new releases of MegaPov until after
> the release of POV 3.5.  And by that time, MegaPov will might even
> have become an "experimental" branch of the POV-Ray source-control
> tree.

This sounds like very good news...

--
Christopher James Huff