POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fantasy home theater : Re: Fantasy home theater Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fantasy home theater
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Aug 2000 13:39:39
Message: <chrishuff-29A450.12410524082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39A### [at] yahoocom>, ryan constantine
<rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> if it's a plasma display, there can't be a speaker behind it.

Why not?
Oh well...make it a printed organic LED screen...attach a piezoelectric
driver to the back, and the display could *be* the speaker. Sound would
likely be horrible though, and the vibrating display would probably give
people headaches.

BTW, has there been any recent progress with OLED technology? It looked
very promising when I first read about it(low power consumption, low
manufacturing cost, the ability to cheaply print them on many different
surfaces, such as flexible, transparent plastic or glass, high
resolution, short response time, etc.), but I haven't seen much more
about it...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><